- 30 April 2014 Farewell, Justin, and Stay in Touch
- 29 April 2014 Here comes a new editor!
- 19 March 2013 Peter gave talk at Hong Kong Community College
- 01 March 2013 John returned to US for good
- 26 November 2012 Peter Elected Honorary Council Member
- 26 November 2012 Carrie Elected Executive Council Member
- 26 November 2012 Carrie Awarded “Outstanding Linguist”
- 01 September 2012 Peter co-lectured at the CUHK again
- 01 May 2012 Welcome On Board, Dr. Simon Chau!
- 01 April 2012 Carrie Elected Council Member of TAG
- 01 November 2011 An American Joined Our Company
- 15 October 2011 Peter gave talk for Hong Kong Translation Society
- 09 September 2011 Peter lectured at the CUHK
- 07 May 2011 40,000-entry glossary at your service
- 07 May 2011 Peter gave talk for the Chartered Institute of Linguists Hong Kong Society
- 19 March 2011 Peter elected executive council member of the Translators’ Association of Guangdong
- 05 March 2011 Peter gave talk at Lingnan University
- 20 January 2011 Peter co-lectured at the CUHK
- 09 October 2010 Elly appointed programme advisor by HKPU
Today marks the last date of Justin as our translation manager in Guangzhou. Despite his departure, Justin still works with us on a wide range of language projects. We thank Justin for his contribution over the years and wish him every success in his new venture.
Miss Vivian Hui, our new senior editor, reported for duty. With a first class degree in translation awarded by The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Vivian is a much-sought-after linguist specializing in literature, legal and commercial translation. Welcome on board, Vivian!
At the invitation of Hong Kong Community College, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Peter Fan gave a career talk on how translation graduates could overcome the difficulties ahead in moving up the ladder of success.
Upon contract expiry, Our English editor John has chosen to return to his home country for good. Thanks to his valuable contribution, our translators have benefitted much in both written and spoken English, and are now able to write more idiomatically in Chinese-English translation tasks.
Peter was elected honorary council member of the Translators Association of Guangdong, China.
Carrie was elected executive council member of the Translators Association of Guangdong, China.
Carrie was awarded the title of “Outstanding Linguist” by the Translators Association of Guangdong, China.
Peter was again invited to co-lecture on Advanced Business Translation at postgraduate level for The Chinese University of Hong Kong from September 2012 to January 2013.
Dr. Simon Chau joined us on May 1, 2012, in the capacity of Principal Linguist. His main duties are to translate and edit English and Chinese texts, train our linguists in practical translation, and write articles on translation skills for our website.
Carrie Ma, our senior translation manager, was elected council member of the Translators Association of Guangdong, China.
John Kirkpatrick joined us on November 1, 2011, as an English Editor. As a native English speaker from the United States, he edits and proofreads our English translated documents, as well as conducts on-site English language training for our translators at both our Hong Kong and Guangzhou offices.
Peter gave a talk on “Hong Kong Translation Industry: Challenges Now and Opportunities Ahead” at the invitation of Hong Kong Translation Society.
Peter lectured on Advanced Business Translation at postgraduate level for The Chinese University of Hong Kong from September 2011 to January 2012.
We are delighted to announce that Yao Shun Glossary (Beta Version) has been launched. With record entries of over 40,000, this glossary encompasses a wide spectrum of business, financial and legal terms that may be helpful to professionals of related industries.
Peter Fan gave a talk on “Intriguing Changes in Translation Industry” at the invitation of the Chartered Institute of Linguists Hong Kong Society.
Peter Fan was elected Executive Council Member at the Annual General Meeting of the Translators Association of Guangdong held on 18 March, 2011 (Friday).
Peter Fan gave a talk on the latest development and future trend of the Translation Industry in Hong Kong on 4 March, 2011 (Friday) at The Community College of Lingnan University.
Peter co-lectured on Practical Translation Workshop at postgraduate level for The Chinese University of Hong Kong from January to May, 2011.
Elly Yeung has been appointed as External Advisor of the Bachelor of Arts in Professional Communication programme from October 2010 to August 2013 by SPEED, Hong Kong Polytechnic University.